What Is PRP For Face?
We all have PRP, that is plasma rich platelets, in our blood. These platelets are solid and are very essential for the healing of wounds and injuries whereas plasma is liquid in the blood. PRP is a plasma that is very rich or has a high concentration of platelets.
PRP for face treatment, also known as Vampire Facial, uses one’s blood to stimulate collagen production, increase elasticity, reduce wrinkles, folds, and other signs of aging.
Who Can Receive PRP For Face?
- The candidate should be overall healthy physically and mentally.
- The candidate should not have serious medical conditions like Hepatitis C, HIV, Any type of blood cancer, Skin cancer.
- The candidate should not have cardiovascular diseases that require taking blood-thinning medications. During the consultation, Dr. Krishi Mandaliya will check all the necessary information and will determine whether you are a good candidate to receive this treatment to avoid any risks and complications. The doctor will also provide specific guidelines about how to prepare for this treatment as per your condition and requirements.
How Is PRP For Face Performed at NVYA Aesthetics, Vadodara?
- A small amount of blood is drawn from the arm and then is sent to the lab.
- In the lab, this blood sample is placed in a centrifuge, a medical device in which blood is separated into different layers.
- After the blood is separated according to its layers, blood rich in platelets is taken and injected in the required site using fine needles.
How Is Recovery After PRP For Face?
- One can expect swelling, bruising post-surgery; however, it will be temporary.
- It is advisable to moisturize and to hydrate the skin as much as possible after the procedure is done.
- Also, you will be advised to avoid strenuous physical activities and a heavy workload for a few days.
What To Expect From PRP For Face?
You will see visible, long-lasting, and natural-looking results from this procedure. As this is a minimally invasive procedure, you do not have to give lots of time to the treatment and in a few weeks only, you can see the results.
After the treatment, you can see a visible reduction in the signs of aging as well as scars, blemishes, deep creases as using your blood significantly boosts collagen production, elasticity and improves the texture of the skin along with providing all natural-looking results.
You will be able to resume your normal schedule as there is little to no downtime for this procedure. Depending on your goals and requirements, the doctor will decide the period and number of treatments.