What Is Thread Lift?
One of the most prominent sites of ageing is the face. As one begins to age, they start noticing that the jowls, neck, and parts of the face start appearing droopy and wrinkly. A thread lift is a minimally invasive procedure which uses medical-grade sutures in order to literally lift these parts of the face for a younger and taut looking features.
During a thread lift, Dr. Krishi Mandaliya, NVYA Aesthetics pulls up and tightens the sagging part of the face. A thread lift helps to tighten the facial features and give them a youthful appearance, but along with that, it also promotes the production of collagen which is a very important healing element. Collagen is produced by the body to accelerate healing processes in areas where it identifies wounds. Higher collagen results in a firm, smooth toned skin. Hence, stimulating collagen through the thread lift is an added advantage for the patient.
What To Expect At The Consultation With Dr. Krishi Mandaliya?
At NVYA Aesthetics, Vadodara consultation is of utmost importance before diving into any procedure. During a consultation with Dr. Krishi Mandaliya, she makes sure that she understands the needs and requirements of the patients.
She guides them through the entire procedure and explains everything in detail. This helps the patients in making an informed decision regarding the procedure.
She also urges her patients to ask as many questions as they want to achieve complete clarity. NVYA Aesthetics, Vadodara strongly believes in transparency and hence we explain everything related to the procedure including the achievable result.
A consultation can be a vital moment before any procedure as the patient can analyze his or her comfort level with the doctor and understand all the aspects which entail the procedure.
What To Expect Before Beginning The Procedure Of Thread Lift?
Before beginning the treatment, Dr. Krishi Mandaliya will make sure that she knows your entire medical history. This is necessary to have a smooth procedure.
Also, any pertaining allergies must be told to the doctor before the procedure itself. Some pictures might be taken in order to analyze the result after the procedure.
How Is Thread Lift Performed At NVYA Aesthetics, Vadodara?
- The first step involves the administration of local anaesthesia. This helps in keeping the patient free from any pain or discomfort and the patient remains calm throughout the procedure.
- A thin needle is then inserted in the area to be lifted. The depth of the needle is maintained at the subdermal level.
- Medical-grade thread is passed into the skin through the needle to tighten and lift the targeted area.
- This procedure needs precision and accuracy since the face and neck are the most noticeable parts of the body.
- The needle is slowly withdrawn and the tissue is ‘gathered’ over the thread. Once the desired effect has been reached, the long ends of the thread are then cut off.
- The sutures dissolve over the next 6 months leaving no residual material present since they are broken down by a process called hydrolysis.
- The new collagen and fibrous tissue that had formed around the sutures then continue to hold the skin up and tighten the skin.
What Is The Recovery Like After a Thread Lift?
- After the procedure, patients feel tightness in the muscles of their face and neck. This is normal and common. You will be monitored and kept at the clinic until you are comfortable enough to go home.
- Bruising and swelling are common after the procedure. In order to reduce this, Dr. Krishi Mandaliya recommends using ice-packs.
- The swelling and bruising fade away gradually after a week.
- The doctor will also ask you to refrain from washing your face over the next 12 hours.
- You are advised to not touch the face for a minimum of 12 hours after the procedure
- Another important point for a comfortable recovery is eating soft or liquid food for the first 24 hours after the Thread lift. This gives the thread lift enough time to settle and stabilize.
- Patients can resume normal activities after 2 days. Heavy exercise or physically strenuous activities can be started after 2 weeks of full recovery.
What Are The Risks Associated With Thread lift?
Any medical procedure whether invasive or minimally invasive comes with certain risks or side effects. Although the risks listed below are rare, it is our duty to inform our patients well in advance of the potential side-effects of the procedure.
Following are the risks associated with Thread lift:
- Numbness, and
- Slight asymmetry
Dr. Krishi Mandaliya takes utmost care to avoid these risks from turning into a reality. Her meticulous attention to detail is what makes her one of the best aesthetic doctor and skin expert in Vadodara.