What is Double Chin Correction Surgery?
Double chin correction surgery is a procedure performed to remove excess skin tissues and layers of fat under the chin. This surgery is aimed to make the chin, neck, and jawline areas tight, firm, and more defined.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Double Chin Correction Surgery?
Dr. Hiren Bhatt, Board Certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon has provided guidelines for people who want to receive this surgery.
- The candidate should be healthy mentally and physically.
- The candidate should be a non-smoker or should be ready to quit smoking for a time period prescribed by Dr. Hiren Bhatt.
- The candidate should not have serious conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure etc. or any heart and lung related problems.
- The candidate should not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If the candidate is allergic to lidocaine (a substance used in this surgery), then he may not be able to undergo this surgery.
- The candidate should be 18 years or older.
Double chin correction at NVYA Aesthetics is a gender-neutral procedure and hence the procedure is carried on taking into consideration the biological anatomy of the individual. People who fall into the above category can receive double chin correction surgery.
What To Expect At The Consultation With Dr. Hiren Bhatt?
Consultation is an important stage of any surgery. You will meet NVYA Aesthetics' lead surgeon, Dr. Hiren Bhatt, during this consultation. Dr. Hiren Bhatt will guide you through the whole procedure and will discuss any concerns or doubts you may have regarding this surgery.
Dr. Hiren Bhatt will also discuss all aspects of surgery with you, if expectations or goals you have set in mind are achievable, how to prepare for the surgery, risks or complications that may arise, tips and suggestions for speedy recovery etc. Make sure to ask any questions you may have regarding the procedure and to clarify all your doubts.
The consultation also gives you a chance to assess the doctor and his/her staff, services they provide, and to check whether you can trust the doctor and be comfortable around him/her and the staff.
What To Expect Before Double Chin Correction Surgery?
- Dr. Hiren Bhatt will discuss your medical history, previous surgeries, drug allergies, medical conditions, and other several health-related topics.
- You might also be asked to go through a medical evaluation.
- Before undergoing the surgery, Dr. Hiren Bhatt will provide guidelines on how to prepare for surgery, taking or avoiding certain medications, what food to avoid, instructions about smoking and drinking etc.
What Type Of Anesthesia Is Used For Double Chin Correction Surgery?
Generally, local anesthesia (sometimes paired with sedative drugs) is used for double chin correction surgery.
How Is Double Chin Correction Surgery Performed At NVYA Aesthetics, Vadodara?
- At NVYA Aesthetics, Vadodara, double chin correction surgery is performed through the procedure called liposuction.
- In this procedure, a fat-dissolving laser is used to melt and remove the fat cells. Once this is done, Dr. Hiren Bhatt makes a small incision underneath the chin and inserts the small stainless steel tube called a cannula.
- After inserting the cannula, Dr. Bhatt then starts to remove the fat between the skin and muscle. The fat is removed using a push-pull motion while the cannula suctions.
- After removing all the fat, Dr. Bhatt stitches the incision and covers it with a bandage as well as a chin brace to make sure that the area of the surgery is protected.
How Is The Recovery After Double Chin Correction Surgery?
- The recovery period varies from person to person, but generally, most people are able to resume their normal routine within 2-3 weeks.
- Some people may experience firm pulling sensations and mild pain after the surgery.
- Sometimes facial drains are also used to reduce blood and fluid accumulated in the operated areas which are generally removed 1-2 days after the surgery.
What Are The Risks And Complications Associated With Double Chin Correction Surgery?
- Complications like infection, bleeding, or reaction to anesthesia may occur during this surgery like any other major surgeries.
- After the surgery, the skin on the neck and chin may feel tight due to swelling and bruising; however, swelling and bruising will disappear after 1-2 weeks.
- Some people may see the asymmetry in their facial features.
You should keep this in mind that all these risks and complications are uncommon and will not occur in one patient. Dr. Hiren Bhatt takes the utmost care to avoid the occurrence of any risks and complications.
What To Expect From Double Chin Correction Surgery?
You can expect immediate and permanent results post-surgery as the fat is physically removed. However, you should keep this in mind that the final result of double chin reduction surgery through liposuction also depends on the elasticity and quality of the skin. So, there is a possibility that you may not be satisfied with the final result and in that case, you can get additional procedures done. Also, factors like aging and weight gain may affect the final result.