What Are The Reasons For Breasts Losing Their Shape And Volume?
Breasts lose their size and volume due to a variety of reasons. Some of them include:
Ageing: Ageing is a major factor that causes loss of elasticity and firmness of the breast tissue.
Pregnancy and Lactation: During pregnancy, the breasts get heavier and fuller and this results in stretching of the ligaments in the breasts. This can be observed as breasts start drooping soon afterward.
Weight gain or loss: Significant weight loss or weight gain also results in the loss of elasticity of the breasts
Asymmetry: In certain cases, asymmetry can be observed which affects the overall appearance of the breasts.
A breast lift also helps in issues like a decrease in the volume of breasts, stretched areolas, and droopy nipples.
What Is A Breast Lift?
Breast Lift Surgery, also called Mastopexy at NVYA Aesthetics, Vadodara ensures you have the perfect, firm as well as raised breasts. The surgeon, Dr. Hiren Bhatt, works on his ways towards making sure the excessive skin is removed, including surrounding tissue to tighten, reshape, and support the new breast contour. Since internal breast tissue is also taken care of and given the best resolution to get them reshaped in size. The best part – firmer, lifted, and perky breasts.
Why Should You Opt For Breast Lift Surgery?
You should opt for a breast lift if:
- If you are looking to reshape or tighten your breast contour
- In case you have excess skin around the breast and want to get rid of it
- Looking for ways to improve and make your breasts highly firm and raised!
Is Breast Lift Surgery for me?
Dr. Hiren Bhatt, Board Certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon of NVYA Aesthetics, Vadodara has curated this list for you to check whether you are an ideal candidate for Breast Lift surgery:
- You are completely healthy and mentally sound.
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure.
- You have developed breasts.
- Your breasts have lost their shape and firmness.
- Your nipples and areolas point downward.
In case you fall in the above category, you are an ideal candidate for Breast Lift.
What To Expect At The Consultation With Dr. Hiren Bhatt?
NVYA Aesthetics’ expert Dr. Hiren Bhatt believes that consultation is of utmost importance before diving into any procedure. A thorough physical examination is the first step in a consultation. During a consultation with Dr. Hiren Bhatt, our expert Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, he makes sure that he understands the needs and requirements of the patients.
He guides them through the entire procedure and explains everything in detail. This helps the patients in making an informed decision regarding the procedure.
He also urges his patients to ask as many questions as they want to achieve complete clarity. NVYA Aesthetics, Vadodara strongly believes in transparency and hence we explain everything related to the procedure including the achievable result.
A consultation can be a vital moment before the surgery as the patient can analyze his or her comfort level with the doctor and understand all the aspects which entail the procedure.
What To Expect Before The Procedure Of Breast Lift?
Some blood and urine tests along with baseline mammography will be advised. Medical history is generally reviewed. This helps in understanding the physical health of the candidate.
Also, before the surgery, Dr. Hiren Bhatt takes some specific measurements while the patient is awake. These measurements are taken in a sitting position and are important.
The following points need to be followed:
- Possess bodyweight that is normally required.
- See for the medication procedure and tools to be used.
- Stop smoking as well as chewing tobacco.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs (if suggested).
- Stop taking certain medicines (if suggested).
- You may be required to sign a consent form.
How Is Breast Lift Done At NVYA Aesthetics, Vadodara?
- Breast Lift is generally performed as an outpatient procedure, that is, you need not stay at the clinic for a long time.
- The first step involved in the administration of anesthesia. Local anesthesia along with intravenous sedation is preferred. In rare cases, general anesthesia is given.
- In order to ensure minimal scarring, Dr. Hiren Bhatt will make the incisions.
- The breast tissue is lifted and fixed in place, usually at a higher position. Re-shaping is also done in certain cases.
- In the case of the stretched out areola, the excess areola is excised at the perimeter, the nipples are re-positioned at a youthful height.
- The areolas and nipples are placed directly above the tissue and connected to it so that there is no loss of sensation.
- In case of excess skin, it is excised and then tightened as the incisions are closed.
- The sutures will be placed within the tissue to ensure that the new position of the breasts remains intact for a long time.
How Is The Recovery After Breast Lift?
The patient has to stay at the hospital for a few hours after the breast lift procedure as the doctor monitors the overall healing and vitals. The breasts will be covered with a medical dressing and wearing a support bra is mandatory in order to retain the new shape of the breasts. Small tubes might be placed in order to drain out any excess fluid that might form after the process. The doctor will remove the drains after a few days. The stitches will be removed according to the doctor’s analysis of the healing procedure. Pain medications might be prescribed in order to alleviate the pain that accompanies the process. These must be taken according to the doctor’s advice in order to be comfortable throughout the recovery. Timely follow ups must be taken with Dr. Hiren Bhatt in order to analyse the recovery and the healing process.
What Are The Risks Associated With Breast Lift Surgery?
The following risks are associated with breast lift surgery:
- Bleeding or infection
- Fluid accumulation over your breast (operation site)
- Slight scars
- Thickened red ccars
- Swelling & bruising
- You may feel breast and nipple sensation
When To Contact Your Surgeon After Breast Lift?
Contact your surgeon post-breast Lift Surgery if:
- If there’s nausea, vomiting as well as shortness of breath.
- In case you are experiencing heavy bleeding from the incisions.
- Blood is leaking.
- Scarring as well as redness around the breasts.
- In case you are experiencing increased pain as well as tenderness in any of your breasts.
- If you started any drug or medication that is affecting your surgery.
- In case you are looking for the Breasts Care Checklist.